Sunday, February 12, 2012

A bit all over the place!

Well... 3 weeks gone and 3 very different weeks have been experienced!! Overall I would say things are heading in the right direction and you could say there has been some progress but it has not been quite as balanced as I would have liked.

Yesterday I did my longest run for the year which was 28km and my weight is currently sitting on 73kg. There are 9 weeks until the Geelong Half which is my focus and I believe I still have enough time to get myself in shape for a PB.

So here is how the last 3 weeks have looked.

Week 1 (ending 29/1) - pull back week - 70kms

Week 2 (ending 5/2) - 95kms - biggest week for a very long time

Week 3 (ending 12/2) - Sick, missed 3 days of running. Finished with a total of 60kms for the week.

So there you have it, hasnt been the text book way of building up the kms. I have also still only been doing one speed session per week but that will now change to 2 sessions and there may also be the odd race coming up. My main focus over the next few weeks will be trying to crack the ton and eventually staying on 100km per week which is much easier said than done.

No comments: