Well.. what can I say? Things seem to be going from bad to worse. After being sidelined for a week with the flu, I managed about 40km for the following week and then have a guess what happened? Yep I got sick again! This time it was not as bad but it still put me out of action for about 3 days meaning that once again my weekly mileage ends up being about 40km. I am a long way off where I want to be but I suppose I will just have to be patient. The last six months have been an absolute horror stretch with a combination of minor things just adding up to play havoc with my training.
Next week I will be going to the Gold Coast for a short holiday. This will give me the chance to do some nice relaxing running however as we know, the kms have to be built up slowly so I can only hope for about 50km. Its frustrating but as long as I am sensible, I will remain injury free and over the long term, the training load will build up and when I hit 100km per week, I believe I will be certain to run some serious PB's.
Also last night I finally uploaded part 1 of my own amateur Melbourne Marathon video. Here is the url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoHLZyy8Ug4&feature=feedu
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment