Well I haven't updated this blog for more than 3 weeks!
The last 3 weeks have looked like this:
Week 1 - Gold Coast holiday. Ran a total of 60kms even though it was extremely humid. I tried running early in the morning, at night and during the middle of the day but I could not escape the humidity at any time and I always returned pouring with sweat. The highlight for me was running the 10km stretch from Burleigh Heads to Surfers Paradise, just as they do in the Coolangatta Gold which is one of my favourite sporting events.
As usual when I am on holidays, I ate and drank everything in sight so the belly began to grow!
Week 2 - Back home and managed a total of 64kms. Didnt do any speed work, just focused on building back up consistently and trying to do some sort of run every day of the week.
Week 3 - Same as week 2 but this time I managed 70kms!!! First time above 70kms for several months. Things are on the improve. Let's hope I can carry this momentum through to the following weeks.
Sadly at the moment I weigh 77kg so I had better get my act together and lose some weight fast! I will be returning to doing some light speed work this week but overall just trying to build my weekly mileage up and then trying to hold a good level. I am going to aim for about 75km this week.
Monday, November 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment