Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting back into it once again....

Well despite 4 weeks on the sidelines doing no running at all, I have managed to start again. Sadly the bike accident really took my confidence away as it seems that every time I get some momentum, disaster is always around the corner.

I have been running again now for about 2 weeks and I should manage about 60km this week. My weight has ballooned out to 78kg which always happens when I dont run.

I attented the Traralgon Marathon recently which was a lot of fun. I made a video which is on Youtube. Several people showed their appreciation for having their great memories captured and I must say those small country marathons really have a great feel to them. It's definitely a race I will be thinking about in coming years.

So for the moment its now just a case of trying to run every day again and get back to my previous mileage of 100km per week and hopefully stay there for a while. I have not done a race all year and my long term goal is now going to be the Mountain To Surf Marathon in New Zealand which will be held in March next year. It's a marathon that feautures a 460m decline so it should be very fast! I have over 8 months to train and also get my weight down to what it was when I last did a marathon. My only concern with this race is the possibility of the weather being very warm but then again I will have all summer to train through it so I will be used to the heat by the time the race comes along.

No comments: