Well I must say I am glad to see the back of 2011 for several reasons, both running related and non-running related. 2011 was just not an enjoyable year for me.
Looking to 2012, I am currently pumping out 80km per week and that figure is about to increase. I was very pleased with myself when I ran between 11-14km every day during our recent hot weather here in Melbourne. It was tough but I still managed to get out there. Over the next few weeks I need to focus on getting back to doing some quality sessions on Tuesday nights (and also on Thursdays eventually) and also watching my diet as the weight is still at 76kg which is 10kg over my ideal running weight.
Later this month I will do a few track races and there are some fun runs that I will be considering around late Feburay/early March. The Geelong Half Marathon in April is also on the agenda.
After April there is the AV winter season although I will only run races selectively this year as I am hoping to run a marathon around June/July so that will be my focus. There are also some other fun runs and club races that I hope to participate in so it could be a fairly busy schedule.
For the moment the plan is to get to 100km per week which I hope to do sometime in Febuary. Once I get to that level, I then hope to hold it all year round which I believe will result in PB's over all distances.
So happy 2012 everybody and I hope your new years goals come to fruition just as I am hoping mine do.
For something entertaining, here is a video that I have been watching lately about Steve Prefonaine:
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment