Wednesday, February 27, 2013

About to head off to NZ

Well its that time now where I am about to head off to NZ for the marathon however over the last 4-5 weeks I have had so much happening that my focus hasn't been on running so my attitude to this one is running for a fun time and if its a fast time then thats just a bonus.

Last Sunday I did the Geelong River Run 5km in 19.03 which was slower than I expected so I am not in any great form but I will enjoy the unique experience of the Mountain to Surf Marathon and then focus on building up the fitness over 2013. I am happy that I have avoided marathon-mania and I have not become too excited about it.

I fly out tomorrow so I will no doubt publish a race report soon.

No comments: